Saturday, July 2, 2016

Just photos....

No stories or new adventures this week, just some random photos. Here's one from my evening walk along the Snake River. I literally have the place all to myself and it's a great way to find solitude when living on a busy ranch and eating 3 meals a day with guests or crew. The water is pretty high and rushes past, making as much noise as ocean waves. It makes a nice substitute for a walk on the beach... and the smell is refreshing too. I have yet to walk north along the dike and into the park, but there are about two miles of additional path to walk on in that direction. I need to bring my fishing rod next time. They've started tubing down Lake Creek at the ranch, and the water is cold!



This is a ranch pasture where the 3 donkeys live, with wild roses in the foreground...


Left, the ranch logo on a corral gate with Tetons in the background, and below, my newly "branded" boots with the ranch logo on the heel ;)



Last week's food photos didn't really do justice to the Friday night seafood buffet, so here are two more, the last, I promise. They mix it up every week, sometimes with salmon, shrimp or scallops. This week it was homemade clam chowder, salad bar, stuffed tomatoes, mushroom brown rice, mac and cheese (bow ties), grilled Mahi in a soy ginger sauce, baked Sea Bass in a pesto sauce and as always, plenty of Alaskan crab legs with drawn butter! ;)





The ranch is exactly half way between the tiny towns of Moose and Wilson (9 miles from both) on the Moose Wilson Road. For some reason, I just like this sign at the exit from Teton Village. Simplicity...















I saw this morning dew in the Aspen trees near a cabin this week... had to take a picture!

After a very long and physically demanding week, I was rewarded with this beautiful bouquet, with one created for each of the crew girls by the ranch owner's wife as she filled vases with flowers for tomorrow's arriving guests.;) Very thoughtful.... I love sunflowers!

It's been 6 1/2 weeks since I left home to drive across the country to Wyoming. Three days of driving, three weeks of ranch prep work and three weeks of actual guests. We have 13 more guest weeks, then a few days to close up shop before I head home on October 6th. Time flies... I can't believe I'm already 1/3 of the way through my 20 week dude ranch adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment