Sunday, May 22, 2016

Cabin pics and a relaxing Sunday bike ride

Here are a few shots of my cabin. It's small, but sunny and cozy with a comfy bed with hand made quilt, closet, book shelf, arm chair, chest of drawers, trundle drawer under the bed, 2 windows, a screen door and a small front porch. It's surrounded by grass and Aspen trees which will be beautiful in the fall...





Scout seems very content so far. I get great cell service and Wifi here and can stream live TV to my laptop ;)



Nearby is the bath house. Guys use the left side and girls use the right. Some cabins have en suite baths but by opting to use the bath house, I was able to have a private cabin... perfect! This year, there are only two of us girls using the bath house so we each have our own sink, shower and toilet which is nice. It's a log cabin and a little rustic but was pristine clean when I arrived, with thick, plush towels and a crew laundry room on the back side. At 2 AM I stepped outside the walk to the bath house and surprised a deer standing just outside my cabin... it scampered away.





Guest cabins are definitely fancier with fireplaces, bigger beds, private baths, etc, but I'm quite comfy in my new digs!

After breakfast, I rode my new mountain bike to and around Teton Village, a mile or two from the ranch. I ordered the $99 bike online from Kmart before I left TN and picked it up here yesterday while in town. Surprisingly awesome for the price with fat tires and tons of gears! It had also been marked down to $69. Wheeee. My view leaving the ranch was beautiful with a field of yellow flowers in front of the stables.


The ranger station and entrance to Grand Teton National Park are right next to the ranch entrance... talk about convenient! I have to buy my season park pass this week ($60) to bike, drive and hike in the park.






Teton Village sits at the foot of the ski mountain and there are restaurants, lodging, a Four Seasons, bars, sports shops and basic amenities, plus chair lifts and gondolas. The 60+ miles of paved bike paths in Jackson Hole are amazing with breathtaking views. I walked and biked around town and poked my head into a few shops and watering holes. The locals are friendly. There was a field of horses resting as I peddled by, and an interesting sticker wall... and of course, a map of the ski slopes for winter fun. All in all another great day. Tomorrow the crew convenes in the main lodge at 8AM for breakfast, orientation and our first day of training and work! I can't wait ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment