Sunday, June 12, 2016

Odds and ends from the past week (longest post yet... sorry!)

Today the first summer guests finally arrived! My dept. spent four hours in our assigned guest cabins this morning tweeking and finishing everything up.... perfection! This evening, there was a welcome cocktail party where we met the guests, followed by a surf and turf dinner around the big outdoor grill... steak, salmon, baked potatoes, zucchini, and an ice cream sundae bar.




















Here are some shots of various guest cabin bedrooms, a bath, exteriors and sitting areas:














Baths are well appointed and CLEAN!




Beds have beautiful wool Pendleton blankets, made in the USA (Oregon) since 1863. Every year, they come out with new collectible patterns and designs, and they're not cheap! Pillows and bed skirts have been lovingly chosen to match by the ranch owner. Artwork, curtains, lamps, rugs and everything are coordinated and perfect.



All cabins have hanging baskets or flower boxes, and many have hummingbird feeders.




Some cabins have wood burning fireplaces, and others have wood stoves. They all have books, pens, pads, coffee makers, coolers, etc.


Many cabins have meadow or Teton views...


All cabins have firewood, kindling, starter chips, bug spray and more... placed and refilled by yours truly ;) Nice view below, eh?




An antler door handle at the office...








Before I arrived, I couldn't imagine what we would be doing for 3 weeks before the guests arrived. Now I know. All our hard work has paid off in every department and we are ready for this long awaited opening day. The ranch owners encourage us to dress Western tonight to meet the guests, and to enjoy the same cocktails and wonderful meal that guests do. I love this place! ;)

A few more shots from around the ranch... including flowers, the ranch boat ready for lake day, the tubing area/creek and Pete's Pond where cookouts and the Wednesday breakfast ride take place..
 










 Yet another type of wildflower! They're everywhere...

A rare dark day beyond the Tetons... usually blue sky and wonderful.










Wednesday, we had our department and crew photos taken, in full Western attire. Since I was IN the full group and Cabin Keeper shots, I'll add them when they come back from the photographer. Below, gathering at the corral....


Some of the wranglers, above and below...


Above, the culinary team... and below, the maintenance gurus. They rock!


And little old me......

Then... on Friday night, we had the 2016 Crew Cabin Crawl... with a different beverage served at each of the 10 cabins... quite a soiree!





Nice of him to contribute a charcuterie platter instead of booze.. no really!
After 5 cabins/drinks, we needed to eat! Then to the next 5 cabins.



The whole gang above...


Margaritas with fresh mint...

On my porch... I served Jello shots (black cherry Jello and Absolute vodka)
These were some darn good whiskey sours (above, left) and dead turtle shots (right). The cabin above (right) served Svedka vodka with Monster energy drink. Long night.... glad it's over.
 

Finally on Saturday night, I had dinner (mystery shop) at the Four Seasons Resort in nearby Teton Village... I enjoyed Zinfandel, West coast oysters, Miso Black Cod, Beef Rib and a chocolate souffle with Cappuccino... great meal!  




NOW I'm ready to buckle down and get back to work next week! I have Mondays and Tuesdays off going forward. I'll finally get to start riding horses ;)

1 comment:

  1. Dana, I am really enjoying your blog. I can't get over how gorgeous your surroundings are and what a fabulous adventure! I want to be you when I grow up. Mary P.

    ReplyDelete